Meet Dr. Ryan
Timothy Ryan, MD, FACS
Dr. Ryan is a Board-Certified Vascular Surgeon and a Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology. He is the Medical Director of Vein Centers for Excellence of Lake County, which specializes in the latest treatment modalities for venous disease including varicose and spider veins. This cutting edge facility offers the state-of-the-art minimally invasive technologies for the treatment of varicose veins, in conveniently located Gurnee, Illinois.
As a native Lake County resident, Dr. Ryan returned to establish his practice here in Gurnee to give back to the community. He returned to Gurnee in 1977 after graduating with a M.D. degree from Creighton University Medical School. His fellowship and advanced training in vascular surgery was at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago. His past medical leadership includes the Chairman for the Department of Surgery at St. Therese Hospital, Director of Trauma Services at Condell Medical Center, President of Medical Staff at Victory Memorial Hospital, and Chairman of the Department of Surgery and Credentialing Committee at Victory Memorial Hospital. His academic appointments include Assistant Professor of Vascular Surgery at Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Ryan believes that continuing education for himself and his staff gives them the aptitude to provide state of the art and optimal care to his patients. His continued education involves annual conferences and educational tutorials by the American College of Surgeons, Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society, American College of Phlebology, and Midwest Vascular Surgical Society. Dr. Ryan’s dedication to provide individualized treatment plans is why he and his staff are able to meet each patients needs with the best possible outcomes.
- Medical School: Creighton University Medical School
- Vascular Fellowship: University of Illinois, College of Medicine
- Board Certified:
- Vascular Surgery — American College of Surgeons
- Phlebology — Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology
- Past Medical Leaderships:
- Chairman, Department of Surgery at St. Therese Hospital
- Director, Trauma Services at Condell Medical Center
- President, of Medical Staff at Victory Memorial Hospital
- Chairman, Department of Surgery and Credentialing Committee at Victory Memorial Hospital
- Academic Leaderships:
- Assistant, Professor of Vascular Surgery at Chicago Medical School
- American College of Surgeons
- Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society
- American College of Phlebology
- Midwest Vascular Society